Help with Genvex ventilation (25-30 degrees constantly!)

Hi. I arrived to this forum searching for a solution to my Genvex issue. I moved to an apartment with this system installed with a controller "Optima 251". The landlord doesn't have a clue about the system, he sent a "plumber" that only reset the unit (same thing I did before). So I've been looking to solve this myself.

Currently, room temperature in the apartment keeps showing 25-30 degrees no matter what settings I pick. The apartment faces West, so during the afternoon it gets super hot, but I believe there has to be something wrong with the system since the temperature outside is about 12-15 and inside it keeps measurng circa 26 and sometimes up to 30.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7qkQM48.jpg[/img]

I've already turned all heating functions off, all thermostats are all the way down to the minimum (5). I tried setting supply and exhaust to 100%, supply 100% exhaust 0%, vice-versa, etc. None make a difference. And we are still sweating in here!
Hi. I arrived to this forum searching for a... Vis hele indlægget
19 svar
 Følg tråden
Der er 10 indlæg før dette.
Annonce
Annonce
Annonce
Hi guys, me again. Yesterday it was over 30 degrees in this fucking place, so I'm again trying to find out what the hell is wrong. These are all the pictures I could take of the genvex system (filters are pretty clean) and I'm also including some pictures of other stuff that are behind a wall, I'm not sure what they are for buy may be related?

efry skrev den 18-05-2022 14:42:07

#1. ''ve already turned all heating functions off, all thermostats are all the way down to the minimum (5). "

Are you sure thet 5 is minimum and not maximum?

I did that on the Genvex controller, what you can see in this pictures is new to me, I've no idea what it is. I don't even know what that dial-slider set at "5" is for

any clues?
Try removing the heat x core from the unit, and close the lid. Just to see if you can force colder air in to the apartment. Let it run like that trough the night.

Elektronikteknikeren
Annonce
Gregeren skrev den 19-05-2022 19:00:01

Try removing the heat x core from the unit, and close the lid. Just to see if you can force colder air in to the apartment. Let it run like that trough the night.

could you explain me what the "heat x core" would be?

Heatvex skrev den 19-05-2022 19:25:42

Gregeren skrev den 19-05-2022 19:00:01

could you explain me what the "heat x core" would be?

hello?

The heat exchanger core. It's made of white pp plastic.

Elektronikteknikeren
What's the "target" temperature set to? - Go to the default page - Then press the upper Right button.

To me it sounds like you've got the target temperature set too high, and then it's using a electronic pre-warmer or water based one to heat up the air, in order to achieve the temperature that you want.

Also I definitely hope you've got the old numbers written down, as you destroy the air-flow of the unit by just setting random numbers for exhaust and supply. 

In the menu's, you can also see how many % the bypass is open usually.
 Følg tråden
Vil du være med? Log ind for at svare.

Tilmeld dig og få fordele

Deltag i forummet, stil spørgsmål og svar andre

Favoritmarkér spændende indlæg

Færre reklamer, når du er logget ind
...og meget mere

Tilmeld dig gratis