Condensation from roof window

Hi everyone.

Sorry I will write it in english cause my danish skills are very poor, please feel free to reply in danish :) 

We have recently moved to a new home. We encountered a condensation problem with the roof window in the bedroom. Mostly at night and in the morning, the water starts to go down through the ceiling down to the walls and sometimes dripping on the floor. We have already woke up two nights with the water dripping on the floor.

We have asked the previous owner if she had this kind of problem before and what we can do to avoid it. We have followed her suggestions to open the windows for a while every morning to let the air in. We have the door of the room open all the time to let the air circulate. 

Even after trying all of these for a couple of days, the problem did not seem to disappear. 
Right now the drips are starting to leave marks on the ceiling and wall, which have been freshly painted, so it is quite frustrating.

We are lost on how to solve this problem. Could this be something related to the heating settings that we changed when we moved in (reduced a bit)? How much would it cost to have a professional fix it? Perhaps the window needs to be replaced? Help!

Thank you very much! :)

Hi everyone. Sorry I will write it in english... Vis hele indlægget
12 svar
 Følg tråden
Der er 10 indlæg før dette.
Annonce
Annonce
Annonce
It is warm air condensating on the cold aluminium.
It runs down to the lowest spot.
It's hard to avoid in a place like that, to get rid of the problem you will need a different solution for the blinds.

Elektronikteknikeren
Gregeren skrev den 11-12-2021 16:16:30

It is warm air condensating on the cold aluminium.
It runs down to the lowest spot.
It's hard to avoid in a place like that, to get rid of the problem you will need a different solution for the blinds.

Got it, thank you for your reply. Do you think is there something I can do myself to minimize the problem?

Følg tråden
Vil du være med? Log ind for at svare.

Relaterede emner

Tilmeld dig og få fordele

Deltag i forummet, stil spørgsmål og svar andre

Favoritmarkér spændende indlæg

Færre reklamer, når du er logget ind
...og meget mere

Tilmeld dig gratis