Help needed on Danish regulations etc

Hi, hope someone can help (please excuse this being written in English)
I am from New Zealand and have lived in Denmark for a while. I miss sailing a lot and I wish to build either a 16 - 18 foot 'trailer - sailer' from plans (Either a Hartley TS16 or Hartley TS18 from www.hartley-boats.com ).

However, before I start spending money on plans and materials I would like to know about the following:

* Do I need a license to sail in Danish waters?
* Does the boat that I wish to build need to be 'approved' and if so, by whom?
* Does the completed boat have to be inspected for sea-worthiness and if so, by whom?
* Do I have to pay any fees, afgifter osv for sailing a boat in Danish waters (surely the tax people have not forgotten boats as a source of revenue?)

I long to get back on the water (it's in my blood) and Denmark seems like a perfect place to sail, so I hope you can help.
2 svar
 Følg tråden
Annonce
Annonce
Annonce
Hello Kerry
Answers:
1) No, you dont need a license. But it's a good idea to participate in a "sailoschool" and a "good-for-sailing-licence", called "duelighedsbevis". If you want to rent a boat, you need a "duelighedsbevis".
2)No, no one is to aprove your boat.
3)No, there is no test for seaworthiness.
4)No, there is no fee for sailing. The only fee can be for using the slip in the port (if you use a trailer), or a fee if you want your boat to stay in the port. But sailing is free.
Good luck,
Simon Hansen
Visit our club-site on www.rj85.mobilixnet.dk
Denne bruger er slettet og ikke længere aktiv.
There is a Danish group of doityourself'er called "selvbyggerne" http://selvbyggerne,cjb.net , based in Brøndby Havn, they might help you they are familliar with Hartley constructions
Denne bruger er slettet og ikke længere aktiv.
 Følg tråden
Vil du være med? Log ind for at svare.

Tilmeld dig og få fordele

Deltag i forummet, stil spørgsmål og svar andre

Favoritmarkér spændende indlæg

Færre reklamer, når du er logget ind
...og meget mere

Tilmeld dig gratis