lysdæmper installation, older wires

Sorry for the English my Danish is not so good. I am installing a dimmer but it only has holes for 3 wires and the switch I am replacing has four wires. I do not know what the different colours stand for there are red brown black and white wires. I am also unable to remove the wires from the old switch they seem stuck and I do not want to break them! I have attached pictures of the old socket and the new one any help is appreciated! Answers in Danish are ok I can read more than I can write. Thanks in advance!

10 svar
 Følg tråden
Annonce
Annonce
Annonce

The current switch has two buttons. Do you want the dimmer to control both outputs?

You remove the wires by pressing the small buttons on the front of the switch.

Brown and white goes into L - you can put two wires in one hole.

Blue and/or red (depending on what you want to control) in the hole with the wave.

Thank you!! I am also installing a 5 Pol rosette, so I can have three bulbs to this dimmer, I am unsure if I need to replace the older one or simply wire it to the new  one. Each light will have two wires so do all of the Neutral wires go into one hole next to the Neutral wires in the roof and then all of the lead wires into one hole next to the lead wire from the roof?

It should be possible to mount all bulps in the old rosette. If it`s not, the best way is to replace the old one and install the new one.

If it`s the same installation as your dimmer questions you mount all 3 neutral in one hole mrk. N 

And then all the leads wire in the hole mrk. M1 and there you have the red wire from your dimmer.  And then you don`t need to use the blue wire. 

Har nogen samlet det, kan det skilles ad. Samles igen ? ?

m.v.h. Erik

Thank you both for the help!! 

You are only allowed to mount 2 cables in the rosette.

Even in the bigger one that I bought?

The bigger one can accept 3 wires, if one or two is placed out off the side. ( remember to fasten them in a way.  It is not as smart as the old one, and not easy to mount over this hole in the roof. I know it`s not allowed but if it`s  small wire i would do it with the old one. 

If it the bulps are places in a distance from the rosette you can have a smaller rosette that  es good for this solution. 

Har nogen samlet det, kan det skilles ad. Samles igen ? ?

m.v.h. Erik
 Følg tråden
Vil du være med? Log ind for at svare.

Tilmeld dig og få fordele

Deltag i forummet, stil spørgsmål og svar andre

Favoritmarkér spændende indlæg

Færre reklamer, når du er logget ind
...og meget mere

Tilmeld dig gratis